With so many guests looking for pet-friendly properties, we are happy to provide this guide to a pet-friendly Hilton Head Island vacation! We would also like to introduce one of our newest, and pet-friendly, properties – Serenity by the Sea. This beautiful, Lowcountry style home in ever-popular Sea Pines Plantation features 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and welcomes up to two dogs. Please remember that your furkids must be leashed at all times while you’re out and about within the community.
So that everyone in your family, including your dog(s) has a great Hilton Head Island vacation, we ask that you familiarize yourself with the local pet regulations regarding animals on the beach:
Animals on the Beach- a few important regulations
- Are not permitted – Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Friday before Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Must be on a leash: At Fish Haul Beach Park at all times.
- At All Other Beach Parks: Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. April 1 through Thursday before Memorial Day / Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday after Labor Day through September 30
- Must be on leash or under positive voice control at all other times.
- Persons in control of animals on the beach are required to remove and properly dispose of the animal’s excrement.
- It is illegal to allow pets to chase or harass wildlife – Municipal Code Title 8 Chapter 1 (10).
With the technical stuff out of the way, here are some fun suggestions for pet-loving establishments in and around HHI.
Meet like-minded pet owners at the Chaplin Community Park, the dog park located at 11 Cast Net Dr. Here, your best friend can make new friends of his or her own. The park features a large shaded area to keep everyone cool, two water fountains and tennis balls. Don’t forget the bug spray and expect to make some new friends of your own!
Enjoy a meal with your best friend at one of these welcoming establishments:
Watusi – Wonderful breakfast and lunch and they even have a dog menu!
Bistro 17– Upscale French waterfront dining. Your pup will love his appetizer plate and bowl of water.
Sunrise Café – Local’s favorite for breakfast and lunch
Smokehouse – Great BBQ and you’ll love the front deck
It’s Greek To Me – Who doesn’t love Greek food??
With your best friend at your side, you’re sure to have the best vacation ever on Hilton Head Island!