If you’re searching for the perfect vacation spot, look no further than Hilton Head Island. Located in South Carolina, this beautiful island offers a variety of activities and attractions for all types of travelers. Renowned for its stunning landscapes, world-class golf courses, and exquisite dining options, Hilton Head is a destination that captivates the hearts of visitors from all around the globe.
Not forgetting its pristine beaches, there is something for everyone on Hilton Head Island. Let’s dive into some of the reasons why this island should be at the top of your travel bucket list.
Attractions You Can’t Miss
Hilton Head Island offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day at the beach, an adventurous bike ride through nature trails, or a day on the golf course, this island has it all. Here are some must-visit attractions during your stay.
Hilton Head boasts 12 miles of pristine, sandy beaches, each with its own unique charm.
- Coligny Beach Park: Coligny Beach Park is a popular choice, offering not only sun-soaked shores but also vibrant shopping and dining at Coligny Plaza. This beach is perfect for families with its gentle waves and lifeguards on duty during the summer.
- Driessen Beach Park: For a more secluded experience, head to Driessen Beach Park. This beach offers ample parking, restrooms, and playgrounds for children.
- Burkes Beach: If you’re looking for a pet-friendly option, Burkes Beach is the place to be. With its designated area for dogs to run and play, this beach is perfect for furry companions.
- Alder Lane Beach: For a quieter beach experience, Alder Lane is the ideal choice. This hidden gem offers a peaceful setting with fewer crowds and great shelling opportunities.
Harbour Town Lighthouse and Marina
At the heart of Hilton Head Island, Harbour Town is a must-visit destination. The iconic red-and-white-striped Harbour Town Lighthouse stands tall, providing breathtaking views of Calibogue Sound. Visitors can climb the 114 steps to the top for a small fee and learn about the island’s history at the museum located inside.
After visiting the lighthouse, take a relaxing stroll through Harbour Town Marina, where you can find an array of shops, restaurants, and boat tours. The marina is also a great spot to catch a stunning sunset over the water. Whether you want to take a sunset cruise, rent a kayak, or walk along the docks and admire the magnificent yachts, Harbour Town Marina has something for everyone.
Sea Pines Forest Preserve
Nature enthusiasts will find solace in the Sea Pines Forest Preserve. This 605-acre preserve is home to diverse wildlife, ancient trees, and serene walking trails. Take a guided tour to learn about the ecosystem and history of the area, or embark on a self-guided journey through the enchanting landscapes.
Don’t miss out on the peaceful fishing pond, where you can rent a pole and try your luck at catching some freshwater fish. The Sea Pines Forest Preserve is a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of city life and is the ideal family-friendly destination for a day full of outdoor adventures and learning.
World-Class Golf Courses
Hilton Head is a golfer’s paradise, boasting world-class golf courses designed by legendary architects.
- Harbour Town Golf Links: Designed by Pete Dye, Harbour Town Golf Links is consistently named as one of the top courses in the country. This course is a must-play for any golfer visiting Hilton Head.
- Heron Point: Another masterpiece by Pete Dye, Heron Point offers a challenging course with stunning views of the island’s natural beauty.
- Atlantic Dunes: Designed by Davis Love III, Atlantic Dunes is a true gem with its stunning oceanfront holes and challenging course layout.
Other notable courses include Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort and Sea Pines Plantation. Golfers of all levels will find their perfect match on Hilton Head Island’s golf courses.
No vacation is complete without indulging in some delicious food, and Hilton Head Island offers a diverse culinary scene that will satisfy even the most discerning taste buds. From fresh seafood to traditional Southern cuisine, here are some dining experiences you won’t want to miss.
- Lowcountry Cuisine: Hilton Head Island is a culinary delight, especially for those seeking a taste of Lowcountry cuisine. Indulge in local specialties like shrimp and grits, she-crab soup, and gumbo at restaurants like Hudson’s Seafood House on the Docks and Old Oyster Factory. The fresh seafood and distinctive flavors showcase the region’s rich culinary heritage.
- Fine Dining: For a more upscale dining experience, Hilton Head has plenty of options to choose from. Michael Anthony’s Cucina Italiana and Nunzio Restaurant + Bar are popular choices for their delicious menus and elegant ambiance.
- Waterfront Dining: Many dining establishments on the island offer waterfront views, enhancing the dining experience. Enjoy a romantic sunset dinner at the Skull Creek Boathouse or relish casual seafood fare at The Crazy Crab. The combination of delectable dishes and scenic surroundings creates an unforgettable ambiance.
- Farm-to-Table Options: Hilton Head’s commitment to sustainable dining is evident in its farm-to-table restaurants. The Lucky Rooster Kitchen + Bar and WiseGuys Hilton Head exemplify this trend, serving dishes crafted from locally sourced, seasonal ingredients. Enjoy a culinary journey that not only pleases the palate but also supports the local community.
Whatever you desire, Hilton Head Island has a wonderful dining experience for you. From casual beachside eateries to fine dining restaurants, the island offers something for every taste and occasion.
If you’re lucky enough to visit Hilton Head Island during certain times of the year, you can experience some exciting events that showcase the island’s culture and traditions. Here are a few must-see events that should be on your itinerary:
- RBC Heritage Golf Tournament: Held annually at the Harbour Town Golf Links, the RBC Heritage is a prestigious PGA Tour event. Golf enthusiasts gather to witness world-class players competing against the backdrop of Hilton Head’s stunning landscapes. Typically held in April, the tournament is a highlight for locals and visitors alike.
- Hilton Head Wine & Food Festival: Celebrating the island’s culinary prowess, the Hilton Head Wine & Food Festival is a week-long extravaganza. Attendees can savor various wines, attend cooking demonstrations by renowned chefs, and participate in exclusive dining experiences. The event showcases the island’s vibrant food and beverage scene.
- HarbourFest: Summer on Hilton Head Island is synonymous with HarbourFest at Shelter Cove Harbour & Marina. This family-friendly event features live music, arts and crafts vendors, and a spectacular fireworks display every Tuesday night. The festive atmosphere and waterfront setting make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
With so many exciting events happening throughout the year, there’s no shortage of things to do on Hilton Head Island. Whether you’re a sports fan, foodie, or just looking for some family fun, the island has something special in store for you.
After a day full of outdoor adventures and exploring, it’s essential to have a comfortable place to rest and recharge. Hilton Head Island offers various accommodations catering to every budget and preference.
- Luxurious Resorts: Hilton Head offers a range of accommodation options, from luxurious resorts to charming bed and breakfasts. The Sea Pines Resort, The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa, and Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort are top choices, providing impeccable service and amenities.
- Vacation Rentals: For a more personalized experience, consider renting a vacation home or villa. Numerous companies on the island specialize in vacation rentals, offering everything from beachfront cottages to expansive family homes. This option provides the flexibility and comfort of a home away from home.
Beachside Hilton Head
For a more private and intimate experience, consider staying at one of Beachside Hilton Head’s many vacation home rentals on Hilton Head Island. Beachside Hilton Head offers a wide selection of homes and villas, from cozy one-bedroom options to spacious multi-room rentals. Each property is fully furnished and equipped with all the necessary amenities, providing a comfortable and stress-free stay.
At Beachside Hilton Head, we have vacation home rentals located in different areas on the island. Each location offers its own unique charm and access to popular attractions such as golf courses, shopping centers, and the beach. Whether you prefer a peaceful retreat or a lively vacation, Beachside Hilton Head has the perfect rental for you.
Hilton Head Island is a destination that transcends the ordinary, captivating visitors with its natural beauty, recreational opportunities, and culinary delights. Whether you seek relaxation on the sandy beaches, excitement on the golf courses, or indulgence in exquisite dining, Hilton Head promises an unforgettable experience. As you explore the island’s attractions, savor its culinary treasures, and immerse yourself in its vibrant events, you’ll discover why Hilton Head is truly a paradise on the South Carolina coast.
For a memorable stay on Hilton Head Island, consider Beachside Hilton Head for your vacation rental needs. Our properties offer the perfect combination of comfort, convenience, and luxury to make your island experience truly exceptional.
Contact us today to start planning your dream getaway on Hilton Head Island!